Time’s almost up for our current book giveaway! Tonight at midnight, we’ll be picking a commenter at random to receive a signed, first edition copy of Sally’s A New Way to Cook. Over the past couple of weeks we’ve been posting seasonal recipes from the book, like Strawberries in Beaujolais Sauce, Classic Coleslaw, and three simple summer fruit desserts. But there’s more to be found buried away on ‘the improvised life’, over at The Splendid Table, and at Sally’s personal website. Below you’ll find a round-up of recipes to be had for free (just a fraction in the books 750+ pages.) Remember, all you need to do to enter the giveaway is leave a comment! Good luck! Here now, our recipe extravaganza:
- Grilled Miso-Glazed Fish Fillets and Steaks
- Cranberry Walnut Conserve
- Big Bean Soup with Little Nibbles
- Sweet and Savory Quinces in White Wine and Honey
- Chive French Toast
- Real Jell-O
- Fool-proof Flaky Butter Pastry
- Roasted Winter Squash Slices
- Warm Beet Juice Vinaigrette
- Basic Vanilla Bean Syrup
- Vegetable Ragout
- Parmesan Crisps
- Warm Bean Salad with Fresh Herbs and Olives
- Warm Olivada (Warm Crushed Olives)
- Warm Spilling Fruit (A Guide to Improvising)
- Composed Soups (A Guide to Improvising)
- Herb-Scented Tuscan Pork Roast
- Warm Goat Cheese Salad with Roasted Garlic
- Prunes in Armagnac
- Celery Root and Apple Puree
- Wild Mushroom Ragu
- Roasted Root Vegetable Hash
- Peppers Roasted with Garlic and Anchovies
- Peppery or Bitter Greens with Seasonal Fruit and Roasted Nuts
- Duck Breast with Thyme-Infused Honey and Balsamic Pan Sauce
- Frisee with Walnuts and Balsamic-Sherry Vinaigrette
- Boneless Leg of Lamb Stuffed with Crushed Olives
- Chicken Liver Pate with Golden Raisins
- Rustic Rosemary Apple Tart
- Lemon-Scented Olive Oil
- Foolproof Roast Turkey
Related posts: book giveaway: sally schneider’s ‘a new way to cook’
3 crazy-simple summer desserts from ‘a new way to cook’ (and a reminder to enter our giveaway)
‘a new way to cook’ giveaway + recipe: classic coleslaw
recipe: strawberries in beaujolais sauce
19 replies on “last chance to enter our ‘A New Way to Cook’ giveaway +++ a recipe extravaganza!”
What a great give away! This book has been on my want list for awhile!
Thank you for offering this giveaway. Hopefully a new way to cook means “an easy way to cook.” Please count me in! Thank you.
Those recipes look great, especially the wild mushroom ragu, yum. I would love to cook from this book! Thanks for the opportunity!
i love the prunes in armagnac. been lucky to sample. and i love you blog. i have your cookbooks but id like to give to a friend.
I love cookbooks! And I COOK! 🙂
Bring it. Today’s Farmer’s Market basket full of ruby red rhubarb, juicy Michigan strawberries, and a rainbow of chard. Would love that cookbook to lead me to the newness. Abundance reigns.
Oh so inspiring – I need to go to the kitchen right now! Thanks for the give away!
Inspirational ideas! I would love to have this cookbook.
this blog has become my daily addiction and inspiration, and i’d LOVE to land a copy of A New Way to Cook, having just been served her fabulous quinoa salad with lemongrass and cilantro and mint!
I in control of what I eat. I have cook every meal that I eat for the past thirty years It my passion. I think everybody should have a passion in life. I improvised
everyday. I have your Latest latest cookbook “improvised Cooking'” “New Way to Cook”It just would broaden my scope.
“Life is never Dull……When you create!
Your blog is my morning treat to myself-it always opens my eyes and mind to new ways to see our world! Thank You.
Another great cookbook! I am such a fan!
would love win
I love to read cookbooks cover to cover. I look forward to reading this one! Thanks for the opportunity!
I love this approach to cooking…a bit of this and that and no dogma! It reflects the way so many approach making food–a bit of inspiration and openness to trying new things.
What a wonderful looking book! I’d love some help making the most of CSA season in MN!
This is a great book. I picked it up right before Hurricane Katrina struck and grabbed it as I was fleeing for my life. Used it frequently during the next six months till I got back in my place. If I win a copy I will donate it to the library.
Just heard your segment on Splendid Table. Was immediately hooked when I heard “improvised life.”